Go Crossword - Terms and policies
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We will only use your personal data in a way that is fair to you.
- We will only collect personal data where it is necessary for us to do so and where it
is relevant to our dealings with you.
- We will only keep your personal data for as long
as it is relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or for as long as we are
required to keep it by law.
- We store data about times when site visitors play crosswords, such
as which crossword was played, when, and by which IP address.
- If you register on this site, you'll be asked for registration information,
which will be securely transmitted to our servers and stored there.
This includes Username, First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Password.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- For logged-in users, we store information connected to your account and your
use of the site, such as when you logged in, data about crosswords you have
played or edited, your crossword ratings and favourites data, your user
- IP addresses - We may collect information about your computer, including
where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for
system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing
actions and patterns, and is not used to identify any individual
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To manage the Website, detect fraud or Website abuses, send you information relevant to the Website and in case we have any queries.
- To notify you about changes to the Services.
- To allow you to register for an account on the Website, which may include sending an email to you to confirm your details.
- In the future we may use it to serve you advertisements
- In the future we may use it to notify of you activity on the website (for example on crosswords you have created, or contact from another user). We will only do this if you have separately consented for us to do so.
Our servers are provided by 1and1.co.uk. We use an SSL certificate so that all data sent to and from the website is encrypted. The website is protected by: Data Recovery, DDoS Protection, Geo-Redundancy, Redundant Network Connectivity
None of your account data is transmitted to any third party
We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it. We will not otherwise sell your data to any third party.
If you have registered on this site and change your mind, you can delete your account. We will:
- Permanently delete data about your log-in, name, password and email address
- Permanently delete any crosswords you have created
- Permanently delete any data associated with your account about crosswords you have played, rated or favourited
At the moment there isn't an automated way to delete your account; instead email your request to hello (at) gocrossword.co.uk.